A technology option is to use the Treehousekidsmusic.tv ABC songs designed by a therapist to let kids know that ABC’s have a place in our visual space- they always sit on a line even if it is imaginary. Other skills built in these videos are:
– Visual tracking- Spider goes up the spout
– Music that relaxes the nervous system so that learning is at it’s optimum
– Left to right orientation – helps with reading
– Visual attention – Twinkle Twinkle
– Top to bottom- Rain
– Great articulation. Helps with speech articulation goals. For example, a speech therapist used it for 3 weeks straight with her clients and noted significant increase in articulation!
– Multi-sensory with vision and auditory memory combined.
Check it out!
Another writing support tool is the app Letter School.