No matter how bad kids draw their pumpkin shape or how challenging it is to cut across paper, these turn out wonderful. It is fun making something so enjoyable while working on thought organization, asymmetrical bilateral integration, parts to whole concepts, and visual motor skills.
SUPPLIES: orange, yellow, & black construction paper, glue, and scissors.
DIRECTIONS: 1. Have clients draw the shape of their pumpkin on the orange paper.
2. Cut out the pumpkin shape, and set aside.
3. Cut out eyes, nose, and mouth. (You may have them pre-cut depending on skill level)
4. Cut the orange pumpkin shape into vertical strips.
5. Glue the strips down on to the black paper and add your green stem.
6. Glue on eyes, nose, and mouth.